Looking out for our vulnerable customers.
As we know, life is full of unexpected surprises – not all of them good. Here at Fidelity Life, we’re ready to help should ‘it’ll never happen’ actually happens to you.
Trust is important to us. We want to ensure that our customers feel confident that they will be treated with sensitivity, respect and compassion. That’s why we’ll always provide you with certainty and support when you need it most. It’s just part of our wider commitment to deliver an outstanding service to our customers.
What does vulnerability mean?
Put simply, a vulnerable customer is someone who due to their personal circumstances, whether temporary or permanent, requires extra care, support or protection to ensure that they are not disadvantaged in any way. If you’re experiencing vulnerability, it might mean that that you are at a higher risk of:
- misunderstanding information
- choosing products that aren't suited
- experiencing disadvantage or negative outcomes
What we can do to help
Whether it’s a life event, or just making a claim – we get that it can sometimes feel stressful. We promise to do our best to identify the signs and consequences of customer vulnerability.
We’ll do this by:
- treating all customers as individuals with respect
- being empathetic and listening
- being accessible and having several communication options available
- Communicating in ways that are clear, accessible and easy to understand
- directing customers to external support services where appropriate.
Additionally, our COVID-19 response includes:
- communicating with our customers on a regular basis
- offering solutions for customers who are experiencing vulnerability, such as financial hardship due to the impacts of COVID-19
- changing processes if necessary
- supporting our third-party advisers so that they can also support customers.
Industry Code of Conduct
As a member of the Financial Services Council (FSC) we also are committed to complying with the FSC Code of Conduct here.