Fidelity Life Assurance Company Limited (Fidelity Life, “we”, “us”, “our”) holds a licence issued by the Financial Markets Authority (FMA) to provide a Financial Advice Service as a Financial Advice Provider. Fidelity Life is subject to the standard licence conditions found at fma.govt.nz/assets/Licensing-guides/Standard-Conditions-for-full-FAP-licences.pdf.
Nature and scope of our financial advice service.
We employ financial advisers who provide regulated financial advice. Fidelity Life financial advisers can provide financial advice on life insurance products (life insurance includes products such as trauma, income protection and total and permanent disability covers, as well as life cover) that are underwritten by Fidelity Life Assurance Company Limited.
We are able to compare life insurance policies underwritten by the companies listed above with existing life insurance policies from other providers.
Fees or expenses.
We do not charge fees, expenses or any other amount for financial advice provided. We do charge premium and policy fees for our products.
Conflicts of Interest and Incentives.
Fidelity Life financial advisers are salaried employees. When you take out a policy recommended by one of our advisers in some cases we may pay a commission to the party who referred you to us. We prioritise the interests of our customers by following internal processes and procedures. We have in place a Conflicts of Interest Policy that sets out how we treat conflicts of interest.
If you would like to make a complaint about our financial advice service, you can contact us by:
- Calling us on 0800 88 22 88 between 8am and 5pm Monday to Friday - select option 1, then option 1 again
- If you’re a Life 360 or Business 360 customer, please call 0800 754 754
- If you're calling from overseas, please call +64 9 373 4914
- Emailing us at email@example.com
- Sending us a letter to Fidelity Life, PO Box 37-275, Parnell, Auckland, 1151
- Using our online form at fidelitylife.co.nz/contact/making-a-complaint
For an overview of our internal complaints process see fidelitylife.co.nz/contact/making-a-complaint.
Fidelity Life and any employees who give advice on our behalf, are bound by duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013.
- give priority to customers’ interests; and exercise care, diligence, and
- skill; and meet the standards of ethical behaviour, conduct, and care set out in the code of conduct; and
- meet the standards of competence, knowledge, and
- skill set out in the code of conduct.
This means that we: More information about the duties that apply is available by visiting the FMA’s website fma.govt.nz.
This information is also available in writing on your request.
If you would like to contact us, please see fidelitylife.co.nz/contact.