This page contains community guidelines asking for protection of privacy and mutual respect between users of Fidelity Life’s social media accounts. It also states the disclaimer, copyright and conditions of use for Fidelity Life’s social media accounts.
References to “we”, “our”, “us” are to Fidelity Life Assurance Company Limited.
We use social media to share information about Fidelity Life’s role and purpose for New Zealanders. Social media is also a platform for us to engage directly in conversation, feedback and assisting our customers.
Views expressed by others on our social media channels are the views of that person or organisation alone, and do not reflect our opinions or policies.
Our community guidelines below set out: how to protect your own and other’s privacy on our social media channels, moderation of community engagement and steps we will take to remove comments or block people from our channels who breach the community guidelines.
We welcome your comments, questions and feedback on Fidelity Life’s social media accounts (YouTube and LinkedIn), but we do require that you be respectful of us, our staff and the wider community. Please follow these guidelines:
Protecting your privacy (and the privacy of others).
Please do not share any of your own, or anyone else’s, private information on Fidelity Life’s social media accounts. If there's something you need to discuss relating to a specific policy, claim or issue, the best way to do this is by contacting our customer service team (0800 88 22 88).
Any posts which contain private information will be removed.
- Please be respectful of all users of Fidelity Life’s social media accounts (this includes our staff and other members of the community).
- Stay on topic and do not upload content or post a comment that is unrelated to the purpose the account.
- Do not use language or content that:
- is or could be construed as racist, sexist or discriminatory.
- contains insults or put downs.
- is likely to be offensive, inflammatory or provocative (including swearing and obscene or vulgar comments).
- contains potentially harmful advice.
- is not accurate.
- contains professional advice (including financial advice).
- Don't break the law or encourage others to do so (this includes by way of defamation, breaching privacy, breaching another person’s intellectual property rights such as copyright, condoning illegal activity and contempt of court).
- In the course of using the community areas of Fidelity Life’s social media accounts, please don't post personal information – addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or other online contact details – relating either to you or other individuals.
- Don't impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or an organisation. Don't attempt to log on using another user’s account.
- Don't make any commercial endorsement or promotion of any product, service or publication.
Removing comments and banning users.
Any comments and posts that breach these terms will be removed by Fidelity Life. If an individual repeatedly violates this policy, that user will be blocked from posting on our social media channels in the future. Fidelity Life accepts no liability in any way connected to the use of, or access to, the Fidelity Life social media accounts.
By making any contribution to the Fidelity Life social media accounts publicly – including by way of comments, photos or videos – you're granting Fidelity Life permission to reuse this content inside that platform. Permission will be sought via an individual request to the owner of the comment if Fidelity Life wishes to utilise the content outside of the platform.
The content provided on Fidelity Life’s social media accounts (Youtube and Linkedin) is intended to inform customers of Fidelity Life’s activity and provide general information on the company’s services. Every effort has been made to ensure that the information set out on Fidelity Life’s social media accounts is accurate.
However, visitors to these accounts are advised that:
- Fidelity Life doesn't accept any responsibility or liability whatsoever, whether in contract, tort, equity or otherwise, for any action taken, or reliance placed, as a result of reading any part, or all, of the information in Fidelity Life’s social media accounts or for any error, inadequacy, deficiency, flaw in or omission from the information provided in Fidelity Life’s social media accounts.
- Fidelity Life doesn't necessarily endorse any website or organisation which has links to Fidelity Life's website. Liking, favouriting or sharing information does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation, it's for the purpose of sharing information.
- All information provided is general in nature and is not to be considered financial or professional advice.
Except where stated, the content on Fidelity Life’s social media accounts is the copyright of Fidelity Life Assurance Company Limited. It may not be reproduced for use in any manner without formal permission or charge, and only with acknowledgement of Fidelity Life’s copyright. For permission to use any of the information on Fidelity Life’s social media accounts for any other purpose, please contact the marketing team (email@example.com).
Conditions of use.
Copyright queries should be directed in the first instance to the marketing team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Content on Fidelity Life’s social media accounts is not to be downloaded, printed or re-used, except without prior permission from Fidelity Life or for the purposes of ‘sharing’ the content on the social media platform from which it was obtained.