What is Key person for farmers?
If you’re new to farming, Key person for farmers is the financial safeguard that’s right for you. Specially designed for those who have more recently taken over ownership or management of a farm it can help provide support if a key worker is struck down by sickness or injury that means they can’t work.
- Entry age for the insured person is from age 16 to 59.
- Provided you keep paying your premium, your insurance ends when the insured person reaches age 65 or when they’re no longer employed on the farm.
- You can pay fortnightly, monthly, quarterly, half-yearly or yearly.
- You can choose to ‘inflation proof’ your cover by having the amount you’re insured for increase each year.
- Insurance is age related, with premiums fixed for one year at a time.
- The maximum monthly payout is $5,000 per month (subject to financial and medical assessment).
- One year benefit period.
- Talk to an adviser about the right amount of cover for you.
More about Key person for farmers.
- What is it?
- Why should you have it?
- What’s the deal?
- Anything else?
What is it?
Key person for farmers is especially designed for new or young farm owners, managers, sharemilkers and contract milkers. It also helps cover the cost of a replacement for up to a year if disability or illness strikes the farmer or a key employee. To apply, farmers only need 12 months’ experience and must meet other revenue and ownership criteria.
Why should you have it?
It helps to keep your farm running smoothly, while taking the pressure off. You can use the payout for any business costs you choose while you or your key worker is off sick or injured.
What’s the deal?
You pay an amount of money (called a ‘premium’) for a policy. The policy is a contract so you know exactly what we’ll pay out for. If you keep paying for your insurance with us, and the policy terms have been met, we’ll pay out for everything we agreed.
If you are no longer employed on the farm for more than 60 days for reasons other than for a claim, then this cover ends.
Key person for farmers must be owned by the farm entity.
Questions? Start here.
We’ve compiled a list of the most commonly asked questions about this cover.
For a good overview of the ins and outs, it’s worth reading the info sheet.
For Rural key person, at the start of the policy you can choose whether you want your premiums to increase each year (called Yearly Renewable Term) or be fixed for the life of your policy (called Level Term).
With Level Term, the premiums start out a bit higher than yearly renewable, BUT the amount you pay remains the same for the term of the policy.
With Yearly Renewable Term, your premium increases each year based on things like your age, gender and smoker status. You’ll receive a note letting you know your adjusted premium.
A combination of Level Term and Yearly Renewable Term can help provide flexibility and certainty. Ask your adviser about this, or give us a call on 0800 88 22 88.
Why choose Fidelity Life.
* Fidelity Life has an A- (Excellent) financial strength rating from A.M. Best. The rating scale that this rating forms part of is available for inspection at our offices. For more information please visit fidelitylife.co.nz/about-fidelity-life/our-financial-strength
Disclaimer – the information contained in this webpage is a convenient summary of the key points of this insurance policy and is general in nature. It is not, and is not intended to be, a policy document.
Details of definitions, benefits, standard exclusions/limitations, terms and conditions are contained in the full policy documentation which is available from your financial adviser. Please refer to current policy wordings for specific details. This webpage does not provide a personalised financial advice service.