Making a complaint

We want to put things right

Sometimes, despite our best efforts, we can get things wrong.

When this happens we encourage you to let us know so we can put things right quickly.

If you’d like to make a complaint, please read on.

How to make a complaint

Our aim is to resolve your complaint at the time you first raise it with us.

However sometimes we’ll need more information from you so it could take a little longer.

First things first - please either phone us or complete our online form:


Our office hours are 8am - 5pm, Monday – Friday.

Please note we’re closed on public holidays.

Existing and new customers: 

0800 88 22 88

Life 360 and Business 360 customers:

0800 754 754

If you’re phoning from outside New Zealand:

+64 9 373 4914

Online complaints form

How will we handle your complaint?

The customer services representative you deal with will take responsibility for either solving the problem on the spot, or ensuring it’s handled by the appropriate person.

Our aim is to resolve your complaint at the time you first raise it with us - although sometimes this isn’t possible if we need to get more information from you.

If for any reason you’re not satisfied with the resolution of your complaint or how it was handled, you can ask for your complaint to be escalated to a manager. The manager will work with you to resolve your concerns.

We’re just as determined as you to sort out any problems. If you’re still not happy we’ll undertake a complete review of your complaint, independent of the staff members who have been involved.

If you’re still not satisfied: Insurance & Financial Services Ombudsman (IFSO)

If we’ve done all we can and you’re not happy with the outcome of your complaint or the way we handled it, you may be able to take your complaint to the IFSO.

The IFSO is our nominated disputes resolution scheme. It’s an independent organisation which resolves disputes between consumers and insurance and financial services companies. Their service is free to consumers.

If you’d like to take this step we can give you a ‘letter of deadlock’ for the IFSO.

There are a few criteria for taking a complaint to the IFSO - for more information please visit the IFSO website