What is Group income protection?
Life happens. And when an employee gets seriously sick, the effects on family and friends can be devastating. The bills don’t stop, and medical fees can really add up. That’s why Group income protection can be such a powerful and caring thing for employers to have in place for their employees.
- Entry age with automatic acceptance is 16 – 65 for eligible employees.
- Your employee’s insurance ends at age 65 as long as you keep paying your premium (we can extend this in some cases to age 70).
- Employees may be able to continue their cover directly with us when they move to a new employer.
- You can pay monthly, quarterly, half-yearly or yearly.
- We always recommend chatting with an adviser about the right insurance for you and your employees.
More about Group income protection.
- What is it?
- Why should you get it?
- What’s the deal?
What is it?
This insurance gives eligible employees up to 75% of their usual income, if they can’t work because of illness or injury.
Why should you get it?
It’s a great way to support staff through the tough times and provides employees with a bit of certainty that their families (and finances!) can be supported when time off work is needed due to illness or injury.
What’s the deal?
You pay an amount of money (called a ‘premium’) for a Group policy. The policy is a contract so you know exactly what we’ll pay out for. As long as you keep paying for your insurance with us, and the policy terms and condition have been met, we’ll pay out for everything we agreed. We’ll also ask for updated employee details at a set annual date, and this will be used to calculate the premium and administer the policy each year.
Questions? Start here.
We’ve compiled a list of the most commonly asked questions about this cover.
An Automatic Acceptance Level (AAL) is a pre-approved level of cover, per product. Eligible employees cover can be automatically accepted up to this level without underwriting, provided they are under age 65. For example, if your benefit increases each year the cover will automatically increase up to the pre-approved limit. In most cases, we will not request any medical information or apply non-standard terms for cover up to this limit.
The definition of an eligible employee is chosen by the employer (although it needs to be approved by us).
This can be a percentage of salary up to 75%.
Employees can choose to continue their cover privately when they cease employment, they will need to:
- Be moving to new employment,
- Be the maximum age or younger,
- complete and return the application form within 45 days,
- meet our occupation and residency requirements, and
- not be eligible for a claim under the group policy.
Why choose Fidelity Life.
* Fidelity Life has an A- (Excellent) financial strength rating from A.M. Best. The rating scale that this rating forms part of is available for inspection at our offices. For more information please visit fidelitylife.co.nz/about-us/our-financial-strength/
Disclaimer – the information contained in this webpage is a convenient summary of the key points of this insurance policy and is general in nature. It is not, and is not intended to be, a policy document.
Details of definitions, benefits, standard exclusions/limitations, terms and conditions are contained in the full policy documentation which is available from your financial adviser. Please refer to current policy wordings for specific details. This webpage does not provide a personalised financial advice service.